Friday, November 7, 2008

Two Months in the Future...


I haven't been on here in forever, so this will be a combo update/ random thought. First of all, we are in the house finally. We built our first fire and as you can see, the boys loved it. We also built a big fire in the backyard and later found out we needed a permit...oops! The house was empty for a while, but we now have furniture in all the rooms. Thank you Craig's List. Step one of a new house with two boys, get a fence. We had the fence builder on standby for our closing. In no time we had the back yard fenced in and the kids (and us) are loving it.
Next is the job. I start my schooling in January, and I am a little worried about it. It will not be easy, but I will give it all I can. Love the environment that I work in and the job itself. All things worth having take some work (except salvation which can't be had by work and is really the best thing to have, but you get the point).
That brings me to the next big thing. We are just over 2 months away from launching our new church on January 18th. It is getting incredibly exciting, but there is still lots to do. Which is to find the right worship leader, buy everything needed, and figure out how to do everything. Luckily for me, that pressure is all on the lead pastor, because I would go insane (we're praying for you Ryan). It is all coming to together, and God is going to do some great things with this church. Everyone should hurry up and move to Chattanooga and join the team. It's worth it, trust me.
Things have been pretty busy, but I am still loving Chattanooga. I'll try to do better at keeping things updated on here now that we are sort of settled in.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ryan May said...

Thanks for the encouraging words: "I'd be going insane"! And... I can't help it - I am envious of your REAL fireplace.

November 15, 2008 at 9:15 AM  
Blogger Travis said...

That just shows your a stronger man than I am. Plus, with a team like you have behind you, you're guaranteed success. I'll let you come over and cook marshmallows some night, but I'll make the fire.

November 15, 2008 at 8:28 PM  
Blogger jason gabriel leonard said...

Hey. Thanks again for the encouragement. The band you were inquiring about is Monday Morning and the song is called, "Wonder of it all".

November 16, 2008 at 11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope that the move to Chattanooga continues to go well. I have 2 boys as well (9 months old and 2 1/2 years old)...I love every minute of it.

God bless,
Matt Legere
Connections Pastor @ Haven of Hope

December 10, 2008 at 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home