Saturday, August 30, 2008

Sometimes you have to laugh...


Our oldest is very into helicopters. I recently bought a $5 dvd at Best Buy on how helicopters work and the different kinds. He has fallen in love with this video. He asks to watch it every day...could be worse...could be elmo! Afterwards, he always grabs his toy helicopter and is instantly a pilot. This is similar to me watching a Bruce Lee movie growing up and instantly becoming a ninja...That is until my brother (7 years older than me) quickly reminded how powerless I was. Yesterday, Aaron brought me a red crayon and asked me to draw him a red X, because he needed place to have his helicopter land, just like on TV. I drew his X and went on about my business. Today, he once again sat quietly in our bedroom and watched his helicopter movie with toy helicopter in hand. This is where I failed...We later came to our bedroom and found several red X's all over our bed. I had neglected to ensure he no longer had possesion of the red crayon. The blanket and sheets on our bed are now equipped with enough landing pads for a dozen helicopters. All I could do was laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home