Saturday, July 21, 2007

THE MISSION!


I just got home from church and thought I would write a little about what was on my mind. First of all, a quick summary of the service. He was talking about what a missionary is, and basically said being a missionary is being in a foreign environment, finding a way to connect, and sharing your faith. The thing that really stuck with me that he talked about was what our personal mission was, and I really related that to my personal life. Right now, my mission is to find a job, get a home, and get out of the Navy. Even though I feel this is important for me to focus on, it got me thinking about what my real mission should be. He mentioned several challenges, such as talking to everyone on your street about Christ by the end of 2007. This really hit me, because there have been at least four areas in my personal life that I feel God has been trying to get me to step out of my comfort zone and do what he has called me to do. Every time, I have found an excuse to either put it off or ignore it all together. I made a decision tonight that I want to do my best to work on these areas. My mission as a Christian should not involve shame of what I believe or excuses for not doing what I believe to be right. My mission should be to live my life as a Christian all the time. Much easier said than done, and I don't expect to be perfect either. If you are reading this, and you are a Christian, I challenge you to look at your life and ask yourself if your personal mission, or goals, are only for you and your family, or are you also missing out on something God is telling you to do. If you're not a Christian, and you are reading this, you may be wondering why you have read this far. I have two challenges for you. First, look at your personal life. Is there anything you could be doing to help those around you? You don't have to be a Christian to be a good person. Second, ask yourself, what exactly you do believe in, or don't believe in. Put some thought into it, and give some feedback.. Don't worry, I don't plan on all of my blogs being this serious, but just wanted to write what was on my mind. Thanks for reading patiently.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It just seems like the Christian Right are leading this country down a very narrow road. A war that we can't account for and thus must take responsibility for many families being mangled. Young men & women losing their chance in life to share create make a difference. It seems unconscienciable sp? Family values on their lips but little in terms of real substance. Look at how we treat our veterans or care for our young who need health care. Your alignment with the industrial complex. Its all money. The pure love of Christ is missing here.

November 25, 2007 at 9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home