Friday, November 9, 2007

More than Sports!!


I recently made the decision to start a men's Bible study group as an attempt to build a place where a few of us guys can talk openly, hold each other accountable, and more importantly help each other grow in our walk with Christ. I have to admit, I was a little nervous about how it would go at first. Let's admit it, guys just aren't as good about sitting around and being open with one another as women. I have to say that I am completely amazed at what God has been doing with our group already. We are going through a book called Man Does Not Live By Sports Alone, and it has been great how smooth it has been going so far. I'll have to add this to one of my life lessons: Do what you feel God is calling you to do, even if you don't feel that comfortable with it. You may be suprised how it works out.

No new major changes in our life yet. We are still just planning for the major changes coming up. The latest virus has made its way through our house. I hate being sick, but I am trying to find something positive in everything, so I am going to focus on the fact that I lost 10 pounds, not that I was sick. At least we got it all out of the way before the holidays. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't eat during Thanksgiving.

Halloween was a lot of fun this year. Luke was a dog (though several people thought he was a cow), and Aaron went as a rock star (not much different than every other day). They spent most of the day playing drums and guitar in the front yard. Kids definitely make life interesting.

I guess that is about all the excitement for now. Until next blog...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home