Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Penguins, Clumpies, and Cheeburger Cheeburger


We have now been in Chattanooga for just over a week. I started my new job yesterday. So far, so good. It was hard going back after 45 days, but I am excited to be a part of TVA. Last week, we took advantage of me not working and enjoyed a day at the aquarium. Aaron and Luke both loved the butterfly exhibit (I know butterflies at an aquarium, but it was really cool). Afterwards, Aaron wanted to get in the pool at our apartment and play penguin. He had one of the penguins come right up to him and then they just stared at each other. As you can see in the picture, we were there during feeding time, so Aaron go to play rock, paper scissors with a scuba diver. I highly recommend the aquarium if you are ever in the Chattanooga area. We have also been trying to check out the local restaurants. Just today we ate at Cheeburger Cheeburger. It was awesome. Definitely one of the best burger joints I've been to. They have a 20 ounce burger that you get your picture on the wall if you can finish it. I chickened out tonight, but one day it's mine. We also found a local ice cream shop called Clumpies. Again, it was awesome. The small business foods are always the best. I have already spotted another burger place, pizza place and hot dog place that I need to try. Today was the Riverbend festival, so we went down to the riverfront to check it out. It was your typical festival...overpriced food and rides with a couple of good concerts. Mercy Me was there tonight, but they didn't start until 9:30, so we had to get the kids home. The framework for our house was supposed to start today. We are going to have dinner with a couple that live right down the road from there tomorrow night, so we will be able to see how things are going. It has been a busy first week out here, but we are slowing getting settled in. Until something exciting new happens, or I just have some time to kill, I'm done for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home